The NC Counseling Association, a state branch of the American Counseling Association, represents professional counselors in various work settings.
The North Carolina Counseling Association represents diverse interests of its membership through an Executive Council, geographically located members, specialty organizations, and committees.
The fundamental purposes of the North Carolina Counseling Association shall be:
- To provide a united organization though which all persons engaged or interested in any phase of the counseling profession can exchange ideas, seek solutions to common problems, and stimulate their professional growth.
- To promote professional standards and advocacy for the counseling profession.
- To promote high standards of professional conduct among counselors.
- To promote the acceptance and value of individual differences and the well-being of all individuals.
- To conduct professional, educational, and scientific meetings and conferences for counselors.
- To encourage scientific research and creative activity in the field of counseling.
- To become an effective voice for professional counseling by disseminating information on, and promoting legislation affecting counseling.
- To encourage and support divisions and chapters.
NCCA Goals and Objectives
In response to a survey distributed at the February 2005 NCCA Annual Conference, the NCCA Executive Council has established goals to be accomplished over the next five years and identified short term objectives to be completed in the upcoming year in order to accomplish those goals.
The goals are:
- Improve advocacy efforts.
- Increase membership.
- Provide more educational opportunities for counselors.
- Address mental health needs of diverse populations.
- Improve internal and external communication.
- Improve services and support to divisions.
- Conference Exhibit
- Budget and Finance
- Bylaws and Resolutions
- Human Rights and Opportunities
- Public Affairs
- Professional Recognition
- Strategic Planning
- Professional Services
Please see the bylaws for NCCA -- Link coming soon.